To achieve those high search engine ranking positions (SERP) and get targeted traffic the SEO companies have to first understand the algorithms of the search engines so that they can follow the SEO guidelines of the search engines and work out their SEO strategies.
If the rankings are achieved soon the clients keep recommending the SEO services of that company to one and all. They think that the SEO company had some magical powers with which the site was pushed to page 1 of Google or Yahoo or Bing or any other search engine.
But , at times when the rankings take long which can be the case due to umpteen no. of reasons the company starts getting negative feedback .
So, why does the SEO magic work sometimes and does not work at other times?
As, there is no such thing as magic. SEO is pure logic.
As we all know logic is the study of reason, that is, of rational ways of drawing or establishing conclusions.
Every SEO project involves the following step by step process:
- Complete Website Audit
- Analysis of the ranking positions and architecture of the site
- Market Research & Keyword Research
- Keyword Selection
- Modifying content to make it more SEO friendly
- Apply the optimization techniques as per the search engine algorithms.
- Submit to search engines
- Keep track of the indexing of the site
- Analyze reports obtained from web analytics
- Rework the action plan and repeat the research and the analysis
All the above steps mentioned involve a lot of reasoning, analysis and require an action plan at every stage after co-relating the developments at every stage and coming to conclusions. This cannot be magic so it is pure logic.
Please visit the following link to find out more about the Google SEO Guidelines http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35291