- Inbound Links Hyperlinks from other websites to yours. Also known as return links or backlinks.
- Page Rank (PR )Page Rank. A number between 0 and 10 given by Google to every page on the internet as a rating of how popular the page is. More information on PageRank here : http://www.alrayeswebsolutions.com/blog/seo/how-much-importance-should-be-given-to-inbound-links-for-seo-search-engine-optimisation-purposes/
- Reciprocal Links Links between two websites - each webmaster agrees to provide a link to the other website so both will benefit.
- Robot / Spider An automated piece of software which travels around the internet looking for web pages and storing them in the search index. Robots are good - you want them to visit as often as possible.
- Search Algorithm The "equation" used by a search engine to decide which web pages are the best match for a search term.
- Search Index The database of web pages used by a search engine. When you perform a search, the search engine looks in this database to find the best matches.
(1) Search Engine Optimisation - The process of optimising.
(2) Search Engine Optimiser - A person who offers optimisation as a commercial service.
- SERP Search Engine Result Page, i.e. the list of web pages shown when you perform a search.
- Search Engine Marketing(SEM) = Search Engine Optimization(SEO) + Paid Inclusions.
SEM is the total package -Advertising,SEO and every other element for the consequent success of the website. The sum total efforts to accomplish conversions and traffic.
Thursday, 13 May 2010
SEO Related Terms & Terminology