Here are pieces of information you might want to know about building a website:
Domain Name – a domain name is the permanent Internet address for the site you’ll be making. So, you need to create a relevant domain name for your website. For example, the proper domain name of an auto website would be autoplus.com.
Tips in creating a domain name:
1. Create a simple, obvious, relevant and short domain.
2. Create a domain that creates a lasting impact to customers.
3. Avoid using numbers on your domain name as much as possible.
Web Hosting – this is basically where your website “resides” when it is launched on the Internet. Hence, even if you’re located in one place and your webhost is on another part of the world, it doesn’t matter. Take note however, that web hosting is usually not free – so, you will need to pay for the services of your web host.
Tips in choosing a web host:
1. Be careful when choosing your web host. This is because there are those which are either not working anymore or are scam web hosts. So, tread carefully.
2. Research on the different web hosts available, their prices, and the extra services they provide. Find accurate information about the web host you are planning to avail of to ensure the security.
3. Look for high quality web hosts. Usually, web hosts, would require you to promote their services in your site – and then they pay you or you get a discount for promoting their services. Either way, make sure you are able to get a fair offer and reap the advantages later on.
4. Look for web host that is reliable, simple and has a fair cost. Bear in mind that cheap is not always recommended, and expensive is not always the best.
5. Look for web hosts that have very good promotional strategies or those that are paid by the products they promote or the sites that they host. This is means their purpose is to have a long term business and that they have an alternative source of income – which will result to longevity of service.
WordPress – this is a system where you are able to design and manage your site yourself. It is one of the most effective and efficient platforms for your to work in. In fact, you can build a website from scratch, even with a limited knowledge in web designing.
There are WordPress services that are usually hosted for free, while there are those that aren’t. Just follow these instructions and you’re good to go.
How to start with your own WordPress site:
1. Type in the content of the pages of your website. You can then attach pictures and texts to make it more personal. WordPress will then create the pages for you, apply the layouts you have chosen to use for your site, and add links to your pages.
If you’re creating a blogsite - using WordPress will be easier for you. It will add the latest posts on the top of your page, and it would even allow you to manage the comments made to your site.
2. You have the liberty to choose what layouts you will be using for your webpage. You get to choose the available layouts to use for your pages, such as the color, background and header. You can also choose the theme that best suits your webpage.
3. Try to go over the options on the control panel so you know what else you can do to your webpage. Aspects such as security protocol and other settings can be adjusted accordingly, to make it more user-friendly and easier on your part.
Blog – blogs are basically posts made on a website, appearing by order from the most recent, appearing at the top of the page, to the much older entries (or in the succession you prefer). They may also appear as comments, links and contents.
Tips to create effective blogs:
1. Create interesting contents.
2. Update your blogs regularly.
3. Engage with your visitors, get involved with their conversations and respond to their comments. Always remember that the more interactions you have with them – the more traffic there will be.
These are just some of the things you might want to consider when building or rebuilding your website. In the end, what is important is that you are able to create a more interesting site, to have more traffic and more profits in the long run.
Image by FreeDigitalPhotos