How to view protected Android apps
There are two types of apps available in the Android Market: copy-protected applications and the regular Android apps. To prevent illegal app sharing, copy-protected applications can’t be viewed on any Android developer mobile device. However, they can be viewed and accesses on a standard Android-operated mobile device.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Launch the Market app in your Android phone by tapping on the “Market” icon on the home screen. If the icon is not displayed there, tap on the “Launcher’ icon instead and select “Market” form the list of installed applications.
2. Tap the “Search” field at the top of your phone’s screen.
3. Type the name of the name of the protected application that you want to access in the search field and then tap the “Search” button. The Android Market will start pulling applications that match your search query.
4. In the search results, tap the application that you want to view. This will bring details of the protected application. If you want to install the app, just tap on the “Install” button on the screen.
Viewing protected apps on your regular Android phone is just like viewing non-protected apps on the available on the Android Market, as long as you know the name of the app that you want to view.
How to reinstall deleted Android apps
Deleted apps are not purged completely. If you have paid for an app, then it is yours to use, install and reinstall for a number of times, depending on the app provider.
1. Below are the steps to recover and restore deleted Android apps:
2. Open the Android Market on your phone by tapping the “Market” icon.
3. On the list of applications, tap the app that you want to reinstall.Touch the “Install” button on the home screen. Your app will then be automatically reinstalled on your mobile device.
How to close an Android application that’s running on the background
Even if you have closed an app, it may continue to run in the background and eventually drain your phone’s battery. Those apps that function using certain data may even cause you to pay for exceeding data limit.
Learn how you can avoid draining of your phone’s resources by following the steps below on how to close ongoing Android apps:
1. Press the “Home” button on your Android mobile device.
2. Go to your phone’s “Menu” and tap on “Settings”.
3. Tap “Application” then tap on “Manage Applications”. This will give you a list of all your downloaded apps.
4. To view ongoing applications, tap on the “Running” tab on top of the screen.
5. Tap the application you want to close and then tap on the “Force Stop” button. This will stop the app from running on the system.
Image by Flickr